Information for Health Professionals
Q1 How do I make an appointment for my patient to see a health professional?
With 6 consultant endocrinologists and a diabetes nurse educator, flexible and rapid access to appointment times is possible. You can use one of the following options in order to make an appointment:
- Telephone: (03) 9326 8622
- Fax your referral letter to (03) 9326 8922, ensuring it has your patients contact number
- If an urgent appointment is required, please contact Victorian Endocrine Clinic directly on (03) 9326 8622 and one of our receptionists or health professionals can create a prompt appointment time
Q2 What conditions are managed by the health professionals of Victorian Endocrine Clinic?
The medical speciality of Endocrinology covers a wide array of conditions which the health professionals of Victorian Endocrine Clinic can assist you with managing. As a group, the health professionals of Victorian Endocrine Clinic have experience in managing most endocrine disorders.
However, given the rare nature of some endocrine conditions we may recommend that a specific referral may be directed to a particular individual in the practice due to their experience/special interest.
In general we have experience in managing:
- Adrenal disorders: nodules, Cushing’s syndrome, Conn’s syndrome, Addison’s disease, Phaeochromocytoma
- Diabetes: Type I, Type II, Gestational, Genetic, Drug induced
- General Endocrinology
- Genetic disorders, including Turners syndrome
- Hormone disorders
- Lipid disorders
- Male hypogonadism: Low testosterone, Klinefelter’s syndrome
- Menopause, Premature menopause
- Metabolic syndrome, Obesity
- Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia
- Osteoporosis and Metabolic Bone Disorders: Osteoporosis, Osteomalacia, Hypercalcaemia, Hypocalcaemia, Hyperparathyroidism, Paget’s disease
- Pituitary disorders: tumours, nodules, prolactinomas, acromegaly, Cushing’s syndrome, hypopituitary, diabetes insipidus
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome
- Pregnancy related endocrine disorders
- Thyroid disorders: hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism, multi-nodular goitre, thyroid nodules, thyroid cancers, pregnancy related